Birth Injury Information
What types of birth injuries can children suffer?
- Brain damage from oxygen deprivation
- Cerebral Palsy
- Erb’s Palsy/Brachial Palsy
- Injury from Abrupted Placenta
- Fetal Acidosis
- Shoulder Dystocia
- Subdural Hematoma
- Hypoxic Injuries
- Injury due to Preeclampsia (High Blood Pressure of Mother)
- Injury due to Breech Position
- Injury from Cord Complications
What are common causes of birth injury?
- Failure to diagnose and respond to a baby’s airway obstructions
- Mismanagement of labor and delivery
- Waiting too long to perform a C-Section
- Administering too much Pitocin
- Failing to respond to the signs of a uterine rupture
- Misreading fetal monitoring data
- Failing to respond to signs of a placental abruption
- Failing to respond to dehydration in a newborn
- Misuse of forceps or delivery room instruments
My baby suffered a birth injury, what should I do?
If you suspect that your baby was injured as a result of a medical error, don’t wait. Call the Philadelphia birth injury lawyers at Rizio, Hamilton & Kane. Our injury lawyers will discuss your situation with you, confidentially, and for free. You will have an experienced birth injury lawyer let you know whether you have a case. The medical records surrounding your pregnancy and delivery will be very helpful in determining whether you do have a case. You may want to request your medical records, if you haven’t done so already. Our experienced birth injury lawyers will review your records and your account of events leading up to the injury. If you do have a cause of action, we will immediately begin building your case and fighting for you and your baby, in order to get you the compensation you deserve.
I need help caring for my injured baby, where should I go?
There are informational websites and support groups for children with brain injuries.
Also, you may be able to receive medical assistance for your child through your local government resources. This assistance can help pay for your child’s medical bills, therapy sessions and other medically related items.
Pennsylvania Medical Assistance:
How do I prepare for my injured baby’s future?
Call our Philadelphia birth injury lawyers. We can help. We have a team of experienced and dedicated injury lawyers ready to fight for you and your baby. Often times, our birth injury clients have increasing medical bills, and are suffering from emotional distress and even job loss as a result of their child’s injury. Not only is your baby suffering, but you may be, too. Let us help you and your family. Our aggressive and experienced birth injury attorneys will seek to get you and your family the compensation you deserve. We never take a fee unless we obtain a recovery for you. Call the Philly Legal Eagles at Rizio, Hamilton & Kane for a free consultation. You have everything to gain, and nothing to lose.
Rizio, Hamilton & Kane, P.C.
Philly Legal Eagles
We are Philadelphia’s Injury Team
855-U-CAN-SUE or 215-567-1900