Cerebral Palsy

My Baby has Cerebral Palsy, do I have a case?

Cerebral Palsy or CP is a disorder that affects muscle tone, movement, and motor skills (the ability to move in a coordinated and purposeful way). CP can be caused by brain damage that occurs before or during a child’s birth.  Children with cerebral palsy can also suffer from other health issues, including vision, hearing, and speech problems, and learning disabilities.  If your baby has cerebral palsy, he or she may require lifelong treatment, therapy, special equipment, or surgery.

If your child has cerebral palsy, you may have a case.  Below are certain examples of doctor negligence that can lead to cerebral palsy.

  • A baby showed warning signs that were neglected or ignored on fetal monitoring strips.
  • A mother should have had a C-section, but her doctor failed to perform one.
  • A mother had an infection during pregnancy that was neglected or untreated by her doctor.
  • A baby was delivered after 24 hours of the mother’s water breaking.
  • Forceps or a vacuum were used or misused in delivery.

These are some factors that can cause cerebral palsy in a newborn.  If you believe that your child has cerebral palsy as a result of a medical error, call our birth injury lawyers.  We can help.  We have a team of experienced and dedicated injury lawyers ready to fight for you and your baby.  Often times, our birth injury clients have increasing medical bills, and are suffering from emotional distress and even job loss as a result of their child’s injury.  Not only is your baby suffering, but you may be, too.  Let us help you and your family.  Our aggressive and experienced birth injury attorneys will seek to get you and your family the compensation you deserve.  We never take a fee unless we obtain a recovery for you.  Call the Philly Legal Eagles at Rizio, Hamilton & Kane for a free consultation.  You have everything to gain, and nothing to lose.

Rizio, Hamilton & Kane, P.C.
Philly Legal Eagles
We are Philadelphia’s Injury Team
855-U-CAN-SUE or 215-567-1900